|With daily life so busy with family and jobs, it's hard to find the time to play miniature wargames with like-minded gamers.
Houston Beer and Pretzel Wargaming is an effort to organize and promote a once-a-month casual gaming group in Houston. We meet at 7:00 pm with a goal of being home by midnight.
|There are no club rules, finances, or officers. Adult beverages and rules that fit on one page or less are encouraged.
Our motto is "Simplex, Celer, et Letatio" - Simple, Fast, and Fun.
At our inaugural meeting in March, 2010, we settled on the following guiding principles:
- The games we play should have quick/easy mechanics.
- There should be cold beer present (and probably pretzels too).
- The games should accommodate 4-8 players.
- From time to time different event hosts should volunteer to host games. Events will be scheduled 1-2 months in advance on this website.
- We encourage leveraging of miniatures and terrain to make each event a group project if necessary.
- All genres of games are acceptable. Miniatures must be painted beyond priming stage. This means you Andy...
- It is preferred that every game feature one freshly painted miniature, named for a player who is present, that should be aggressively maneuvered into risky and reckless combat, hopefully resulting in the utter destruction of the object represented by that miniature, and quite possibly other objects in its vicinity.
Join us the first Monday of every month, from 6:00pm, at the Black Labrador Pub!